Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Gay Rights Activists in a Tizzy Over “Formerly-gay” Gospel Singer

Gay rights groups are upset because a Gospel singer used in Barack Obama’s campaign show believes homosexuality is a choice.
Grammy Award Winner Donnie McClurkin

Apparently the singer, Donnie McClurkin, describes himself as “formerly gay”.

"[I was] once involved with those desires and those thoughts," which he attributed to being raped at 8 and 13.

"That's what thrust me into it, and then God delivered me from that and gave me back who I really am and my true purpose," McClurkin said.

So let me get this straight, raised atheist, suspected Muslim, Barack Obama should drop a Gospel singer to make sure he’s not misperceived as being too Christian? That’s crazy talk, homosexual activists should be able to respect diversity more than other groups because of their unique position in society. Why can’t they tolerate this minority opinion on Barack Obama’s campaign?

Besides how do they know he didn’t choose to not have homosexual sex. Just because most homosexuals don’t choose their preference for the same sex, maybe his story of psychological damage is true. Perhaps, because of his confused sexual maturation, he “chose” the wrong path, which he later “chose” to correct. I find it intolerant and rude for gay rights activists to assume McClurkin isn’t being honest.

I hope Barack keeps the gospel singer, and says something to the effect of, “Donnie McClurkin is not running for President, I am, so if you’re curious about what my campaign thinks about issues facing the homosexual community, I hope you’ll talk to me and let Donnie do what he does best.”

No comments: